Tuesday 12 July 2016

Henry confirm Arsenal exit


Thierry Henry has confirmed that he will continue his career as a pundit in favour of a coaching role at Arsenal.


The Gunners’ all-time record goalscorer had been working with Arsenal’s youth sides in order to gain his UEFA A coaching licence, and was then offered a permanent role with the Under-18s.

But Henry was issued an ultimatum by Wenger to give up his £4 million-a-year role as a pundit with Sky Sports in order to focus on his full-time position at Arsenal.

“I would like to thank Andries Jonker for offering me the chance to coach the U18's at Arsenal, which I was honoured to accept,” Henry posted on Twitter.

“However I respect Arsene Wenger's decision and I want to wish their manager Kwame Ampadu, the boys and everyone at the club all the best for the forthcoming season.”

No comments:

Post a Comment