Friday 22 April 2016

Remember the good deed always....


IN nineteenth century there was a king who had ten wild dogs. He used them to torture and eat any of his servants who made a mistake. One of the servants gave an
opinion which was wrong, and the king didn’t like it at all. So he ordered that the servant be thrown to the dogs, for the dogs to eat, and break the servant bone.

The servant said, “I served you for ten years, and you do this to me? Please give me ten days before throwing me to those dogs!”


The king agreed. In those ten days, the servant went to the guard who looks after the dogs and told him he would like to serve the dogs for the next ten days. The guard was baffled but agreed, and the servant started feeding the dogs, cleaning for them, bathing them, and providing all sorts of comfort for them which they like so much.

When the ten days were over, the king ordered that the servant be thrown to the dogs for his
punishment. When he was thrown in, we were all amazed to see the ravenous dogs only licking the feet of the servant!

The king was angry just like the anger of Nebuchadnezzar to Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, and shout in a loud voice;

”What has happened to my dogs?”

The servant replied on a low voice, "I served the dogs for only ten days, and they didn’t forget my service.

Yet I served you for a whole ten years and you forgot all, at my first mistake!"

The king realized his mistake and ordered the servant to be set free.


Remember the good things they did to you and please forget about the ugly ones...

Speak ill of no one.....

No comments:

Post a Comment